Healthy Child Care
Healthy Child Care Douglas County is a child care health and safety program designed to be a partnership between you, child care staff and the Douglas County Health Department.
What Does it Offer?
- Onsite visits
- Consultants to answer your questions and connect you to community resources
- Training and materials
- Comprehensive health and safety training and materials to help you implement health policies
What Can the Program Do For You?
Help you become better prepared for:
- Environmental inspections
- Caring for ill children
- Communicating with parents
- Maintaining quality staff performance
- Preventing infectious disease outbreaks
- Sanitation Manual for Food Handlers in Child Care Settings
- Infectious Disease Manual (2004 Edition - Under Revision for 2010)
- Parent Alert Letter (PAL)