Birth & Death Certificate Information
Office Hours: ¬†8:00am - 4:00pm¬† Monday through Friday
Office Location:¬† H-01, Omaha-Douglas Civic Center Building, 1819 Farnam Street
Who can request a Birth Certificate or Death Certificate?
- Birth Certificate - A request can be made for a copy of your own birth certificate, that of your spouse, your child, your parent, by a legal guardian, or an attorney representing the individual making the request.
- Death Certificate - A request can be made for a copy of a death certificate by the spouse, child, or parent of the deceased.¬† The mortuary or an attorney representing the estate of the deceased¬†or a beneficiary to any insurance proceeds or to any portion of the estate of the deceased.
To Order by Mail:
- Pick either the Birth Certificate or Death Certificate from the links below
- Fill out the application
- Print the application and sign. If the application prints on two pages, sign and return both pages
- If applying by mail, please include a photocopy of the requester's current picture identification, a self-addressed stamped envelope, and payment by check or money order.
- Mail to:
Douglas County Health Department
H-01 Civic Center
1819 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68183-0401
Associated Fees for Certified Copy and Processing:
Include $12.00 for each certified copy of Birth Certificate ordered.
Include $11.00 for each certified copy of Death Certificate ordered.
- Application for Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
- Application for Certified Copy of Death Certificate
If you have any questions regarding applications or price, call 402-444-7204